Davis Memorial Foundation Scholarship (ID 1348)
- Start Date:
- The Davis Memorial Foundation is proud to establish this scholarship fund in memory of Larry and Mary Davis. Larry was an integral part of the roofing industry for many years serving on several roofing industry association boards which included the RCA of California and Western States Roofing Contractors Association. Larry and his wife Mary perished in a 1995 airplane accident near their home in Modesto while returning from a WSRCA Committee meeting. This fund was established to honor their support for industry education.
The Davis Memorial Foundation currently awards each year to individuals who want to further their education. The Foundation gives priority to students who want to attend a trade school, or get a college or university degree that relates to the construction industry. Employees, spouses, and children of roofing industry professionals in particular are encouraged to apply.
Awards are based on both academic and personal achievements. Although financial need is not a requirement for the award, the Foundation will consider level of financial need as the final criteria if, in the judgment of the selection committee, candidates are otherwise ranked equally.
- Davis Memorial Foundation Scholarship Fund
- Attn Board Of Trustees
- 465 Fairchild Drive Suite 210
- Mountain View
- (650) 938-5405
- Toll Free:
- (180) 072-5033
- (650) 938-5407
- All candidates must be:
1. High school students, undergraduate or graduate students.
2. Technical trade school students.
3. Provisionally accepted as students into undergraduate or graduate degree programs for the coming academic year by accredited colleges or universities.
- Special Criteria:
- The following data is required from each candidate:
1. An official Application form. Photocopies are acceptable
2. An official transcript of all high school and college records. (As applicable)
3. An official transcript of all Technical Trade school records. (As applicable)
4. A letter from the College, University or Technical Trade school where the undergraduate or graduate work will be undertaken, indicating provisional acceptance of the proposed course of study.
5. A current picture must be enclosed (for publicity purposes only).
6. Include 1 original packet (application, transcripts and letter)