Coos County Master Gardener Association Scholarship (ID 1266)
- Start Date:
- Scholarships totaling $6,000.00 will be awarded for the academic year 2013-2014. The Coos County Master Gardener Scholarship Committee will determine the number and amount of awards annually. This determination will be made after the interviews.
- Our mission is to increase awareness of the Coos County Master Gardener Association and to create opportunities to expand public interest and participation in sustainable, environmentally responsible gardening practices through education, promotion and networking. To read more about us, go to our website: http://extension.oregonstate.edu/coos/Mg.
In light of our mission, the Coos County Master Gardener Association will honor Coos County high school graduates and current county residents wishing to further his or her education in a plant-related field. The field of study might include agriculture, biology, botany, biochemistry, entomology, forestry, horticulture, or landscape design.
- Coos County Master Gardener Scholarship Committee OSU Extension Office
- Attn Jane Mitten Chairman
- 631 Alder Street
- Myrtle Point
- Contact Notes:
- E-mail applications will not be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Requirements for either scholarship type:
a. Completed application
b. Official college transcript(s), if applicable
c. Acceptance letter to a college or university
d. Two current (written within the last 12 months) letters of recommendation, dated and signed
e. Interview with Coos County Master GardenerTM Scholarship Committee
Additional requirements for the soon-to-be Coos County high school graduate/equivalent applicant:
a. Official high school transcript or copy of your high school diploma or equivalent
b. Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better
c. One of the two current recommendation letters should be from an instructor