Kate Herzog Scholarships (ID 1265)
- Start Date:
- There are four scholarships. Financial amounts to be determined will be in the range of $100-$250.
- In 2013, high school seniors and college freshman and sophomores can enter.
- Willamette Writers
- 2108 Buck St
- West Linn
- (503) 305-6729
- (503) 344-6174
- To apply
1. Original, unpublished writing sample of less than 1000 words, typed, double-spaced. The sample should be titled, but should not include any information about the author. Writing published in school publications is eligible.
2. A cover letter with contact information that includes the title of the writing sample, and a paragraph that includes information about the student's goals as a writer.
3. Letter of recommendation from an instructor in the current academic year.
Submit all materials to the following address:
Kate Herzog Scholarship
2108 Buck St
West Linn, OR 97068
In previous years, student entries have ranged about one third fiction, one third essays, one third memoirs, and some poetry. Letters of recommendation have generally run one to two paragraphs.
- Special Criteria:
- Dates to Remember
Application Deadline March 27th, 2013 (post mark deadline; must be in the mail by the 27th)
Finalists Will Be Announced June 15, 2013
Scholarships Will Be Awarded August 4th, 2013
Finalists will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses if they attend the conference.
For further information, please contact Willamette Writers using contact points at left.