Scholarship America - Military Commanders' Scholarship Fund (ID 1236)
- Start Date:
- If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $5,000 award. Provided there are qualified applicants, three awards will be given per branch of service (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard). Awards are one time only and not renewable.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
- The New York Chapter of the American Logistics Association (ALA) has established a scholarship program to assist children of select active duty, reserve, National Guard or retired members of the United States military who plan to continue their education in college. Scholarships are offered each year for full-time study at an accredited institution of the student's choice.
This scholarship program is administered by Scholarship Management Services, a division of Scholarship America. Scholarship Management Services is the nation's largest designer and manager of scholarship and tuition reimbursement programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability or national origin.
- Military Commanders Scholarship Fund
- One Scholarship Way
- Saint Peter
- Min GPA:
- Full(12+ Credits)
- Applicants to the Military Commanders' Scholarship Fund must:
•be dependent children of active duty, reserve, National Guard or retired members of the United States military who hold valid Exchange & Commissary shopping privileges at the time of application,
•be high school seniors or graduates who plan to enroll for the first time in a full time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university, and
•have a minimum cumulative 3.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent, at the time of application.
- Special Criteria:
- Interested students must complete the application and mail it along with a current, complete transcript of grades to Scholarship Management Services postmarked no later than February 15. Grade reports are not acceptable. Applicants are also required to submit a copy of the parent's Military ID to verify eligibility. Only the first 100 applications received will be acknowledged and processed.
Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information. Instructions for completing the Financial Data section of the application are included. Applications are evaluated on the information supplied; therefore, answer all questions as completely as possible. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated. All information received is considered confidential and is reviewed only by Scholarship Management Services.