Scholarship America - ICMA-RC Vantagepoint Public Employee Memorial Scholarship Fund (ID 1235)
- Start Date:
- Scholarships in amounts of up to $10,000 are awarded to students.
- The ICMA-RC Vantagepoint Public Employee Memorial Scholarship Fund (ICMA-RC Memorial Scholarship Fund) was founded in 2001 to honor the lives of our nation’s police officers, firefighters, and other local and state government employees who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
The fund provides financial assistance to the surviving spouses and children of employees who have died in the line of duty and are planning to attend an accredited two-year community college, four-year accredited university, or vocational school full-time.
Each year, scholarships in amounts of up to $10,000 are awarded to selected students. Since its inception, the ICMA-RC Memorial Scholarship Fund has awarded more than $860,000 in scholarships to hundreds of recipients. The ICMA-RC Memorial Scholarship Fund is a Section 501(c) (3) public charity. The fund's Board of Directors manages and oversees the eligibility and award selection process. Scholarships are managed and administered through Scholarship America, National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) and the Concerns of Police Survivors (COPS).
ICMA-RC is a non-profit independent financial services corporation focused on providing retirement plans and related services for more than one million public sector participant accounts and approximately 9,000 retirement plans. ICMA-RC’s mission is to help build retirement security for public employees. For more information, visit www.icmarc.org.
- ICMA-RC Vantagepoint Public Employee Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Scholarship Management Services
- One Scholarship Way
- St Peter
- (507) 931-1682
- Contact Notes:
- For additional information or questions regarding the scholarship program, please contact Anna Owen at Anna.Owen@Vantagescholar.org or (202) 962-8085.
- Financial Need:
- Full(12+ Credits)
- Who is Eligible?
•Children and spouses of local and state government employees who have died in the line of duty may apply for the ICMA-RC Vantagepoint Public Employee Memorial Scholarship Fund.
•The applicant must provide a letter from the deceased employee’s place of work.
•The applicant must currently attend or plan to attend school full-time at an accredited two-year community college, four-year accredited university, or vocational school at the time of application.
•Study can be at the undergraduate, graduate, or technical level.
•Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, disability, or national origin.
- Special Criteria:
- Applications are accepted annually from December 15 – March 15. They must be mailed to Scholarship Management Services at the address below, along with a current complete official transcript postmarked no later than March 15 of each year. Online transcripts and grade reports are not accepted.