Elizabeth Baricevic-Josefina Botta Memorial Scholarship (ID 1188)
- Start Date:
- The COFLT ELIZABETH BARICEVIC/JOSEFINA BOTTA MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIPS recognize outstanding commitment to the study of world languages. The Confederation in Oregon for Language Teaching (COFLT) awards four scholarships of $1000 each as part of this program: one for a student attending a high school with 500 students or less, two for students attending high schools of any size, and one for a student currently attending a college or university.
- P.O. Box 1044
- Min GPA:
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must attend an Oregon secondary school or post-secondary institution.
High school applicants must have completed or be currently enrolled in at least the 3rd year of language study.
High school applicants must rank in the upper third of the senior class.
Applicants must have earned at least a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 in the language of study.
College/university applicants must be currently enrolled in at least the 2nd year of language study.
Children or relatives of selection committee members are not eligible for these scholarships.
- Special Criteria:
Five complete copies of the application packet must be submitted, each including:
Completed and signed application form (see reverse of this letter);
A 300-word personal statement written by the applicant that addresses each of the following questions:
1. Why is the study of languages important to you personally? (10 points)
2. In what ways do you use your language of study outside of the classroom? (20 points)
3. How do you intend to apply your study of languages in your future plans? (10 points)
4. What are your interests outside of the classroom that are not language related? (10 points)
Two letters of recommendation, neither of which may be from a family member or relative, one of which must be from a current COFLT member as well as the current/former language teacher of the applicant.
The applicant’s most recent transcript.