TRiO Student Support Services Scholarship (ID 1164)
- Start Date:
- TRiO Student Support Services Scholarship 2012-2013.pdf
- Six scholarships valued at approximately $1000 each will be awarded for the 2012/2013 academic year.
Funds disbursed Winter & Spring 2013 in two $500 allotments, based on satisfactory academic progress and financial need as documented by RCC’s Financial Aid office.
- TRiO/Student Support Services is pleased to announce the 2012-2013 scholarship. This is Federal money awarded through the US Department of Education. To be eligible, you must be receiving the Federal Pell grant. To determine if you are receiving Pell, check your RCC Award Letter for the 2012-13 academic year. These funds are provided by the US Department of Education to assist students with their financial burden and may help reduce the student's loan debt. In addition, these funds are expected to assist in the retention and graduation of TRiO/SSS students.
- TRiO Student Support Services
- 3345 Redwood Hwy.
- Grants Pass
- (541) 956-7342
- Contact Notes:
- Submit your application by 5 PM, Tuesday, November 20, 2012 to the TRiO/SSS office in the Josephine building on the Redwood Campus of RCC.
- Min GPA:
- Financial Need:
- Full(12+ Credits)
- To qualify for this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria. Please use this as a checklist:
Be an active TRiO/SSS participant during both the 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 academic years. Students joining TRiO/SSS in 2012/2013 are not yet eligible.
Be enrolled in at least 12 credits during Fall, Winter, and Spring Terms 2012/2013.
Currently have and maintain a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.5.
Have an updated Individual Success Plan (ISP). Please make an appointment with Deb Bennett if you need to update your plan.
Be receiving a Pell Grant during the year you receive this scholarship.
Have a financial need as documented by RCC's Financial Aid Office.
Complete the packet and attach all of the necessary paperwork, including one faculty recommendation.
Submit the typed application no later than 5:00 P.M. on Tuesday, November 20, 2012.
- Special Criteria:
- ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS DUE NO LATER THAN:
5 PM Tuesday, November 20, 2012.
Late and incomplete applications will not be accepted or scored.
Screening will begin Monday, November 26, 2012. The screening committee will consist of a RCC faculty member, a Financial Aid representative, and a RCC Foundation representative. Applications will be scored on a rubric with a point system.