Oregon Association of Broadcasters Foundation Scholarships - High School (ID 1157)
- Start Date:
- $2,500 / $3,500 – Broadcast Scholarships
- Each year, the OAB awards scholarships that are offered to graduating high school students, and to students enrolled in two or four year college broadcast programs. Applicants must be Oregon residents, enrolled or intending to enroll at a college or university.
Applications must include an essay explaining the student's reasons for choosing a career in the broadcasting or related field. All successful scholarship applicants will have a minimum GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale. The essay should also address the following topics:
Any broadcast activities in which the student has participated;
What the student's first job preference after college would be;
What are the student's 10-year goals;
Student's financial needs for a scholarship;
Information about any other scholarships received by the student, including the amounts;
Any other academic honors the student has received.
- Oregon Association of Broadcasters
- OAB Foundation Scholarship Committee
- 9020 S.W. Washington Square Road Suite 140
- (503) 443-2299
- (503) 443-2488
- Contact Notes:
- For further information contact the Oregon Association of Broadcasters
All applications should be sent to the following address:
OAB Foundation Scholarship Committee
Oregon Association of Broadcasters
9020 S.W. Washington Square Road, Suite 140
Portland, OR 97223-4433
Request Scholarship Application information from the OAB office via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicant Eligibility:
Applicants for the OAB Foundation (OABF) Broadcast Scholarships for high school seniors must be Oregon residents accepted for enrollment in a two or four year public or private college or university. They must be planning to enroll in a full-time, undergraduate course of study as a Broadcast Journalism, Production, Management, or other broadcast related major at an eligible institution.
Applicants must be seniors with an accumulative grade point average of 3.25 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Preferred candidates will demonstrate academic and / or professional experience in broadcasting or other electronic-media fields.
- Special Criteria:
- On a separate page(s), please compose a typewritten essay on your reasons for selecting a broadcasting major, including your eventual career goals. Address your essay to the following topics:
1) Broadcast activities in which you have participated.
2) What would be your first job preference after college?
3) What are your 10-year goals?
4) Have you received any other scholarships?
5) If so, list the scholarships and amounts.
6) List any other academic honors.
7) Explain, in detail, why you need this scholarship in order to continue your education.
To apply, send the attached scholarship application, your application essay, a typed resume, school transcript, and two letters of recommendation to:
Oregon Association of Broadcasters Foundation
Attn: Scholarship Committee
9020 SW Washington Square Road, Suite 140
Portland, OR 97223-4433
Include on your application where you learned about the OAB Foundation Scholarship.
Applications for the Oregon Association of Broadcasters Foundation Scholarships must be received no later than Friday, May 3, 2013 for consideration. Successful applicants will be notified.