Intertribal Timbers Council - Truman D. Picard Scholarship (ID 1144)
- Start Date:
- $2,000 for college students (number of awards varies per year)
$1,500 for graduating senior high school students
- The Truman D. Picard Scholarship Program is dedicated to the support of Native American students pursuing a higher education in Natural Resources.
- Intertribal Timber Council
- Attn Education Committee
- 1112 N. E. 21st Avenue Suite 4
- (503) 282-4296
- (503) 282-1274
- Contact Notes:
- Inquiries and applications should be directed to the Intertribal Timber Council Office.
- For Native American graduating senior high school students and college students.
- Special Criteria:
- Required Material:
The Education Selection Committee will review and rank only those applicants who completely address each area. Please be specific. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Letter of Application: The letter must include your name, permanent mailing address, email address if available, and phone number. It should be a maximum of two pages in length, and discuss the following:
a. Interest in natural resources.
b. Commitment to education, community and your culture.
c. Financial need. Students who have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) should attach the
Student Aid Report or have the report sent to the ITC office. If it has not been completed, send last year’s report.
3. Three signed letters of reference, on letterhead and dated within the last six months.
4. Evidence of validated enrollment in a federally recognized tribe or Alaska Native Corporation, as established by the U. S. Government. A photocopy of your enrollment card, front and back, or Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) will suffice.
5. Transcripts: ALL students must include transcripts.
- High school students must also provide documented proof of acceptance to an institution of higher education and a review of college class schedule to verify major before a check is released.
- College students must also provide proof of their declared major.
All requested information MUST be received by the close of business (5:00 p.m.PST) January 18, 2013 for consideration. For more information, please visit our website www.itcnet.org. Fax (503-282-1274) and e-mail (email@example.com) submissions are acceptable as long as we receive them by 5:00 p.m. January 18, 2013, and the original is mailed and postmarked by January 18, 2013.