Oregon Native American Chamber Scholarship (ID 1100)
- Start Date:
- The Oregon Native American Chamber (ONAC) is dedicated to working with all members of the community to advance the educational and economic opportunity for Native Americans in Oregon and Southwest Washington. ONAC promotes and supports the education, training and cultural understanding of Native Americans.
The Oregon Native American Chamber (ONAC) Scholarships will be presented at ONAC's Annual Gathering on October 4, 2013. The number of $1,000 scholarship awards will be determined by ONAC's board each year and will vary, depending upon available funding. For 2012, ONAC awarded eight $1000 scholarships.
- Oregon Native American Chamber
- Attn Scholarship Committee Chair
- P.O. Box 69563
- Contact Notes:
- Please Note: Scholarship award notifications provided through email. Therefore, it is important to inform ONAC of any changes to your email address. Thank you for applying.
- Student Eligibility Requirements:
Must be currently enrolled and attending an accredited community college or accredited four year college/university. Eligibility is limited to undergraduate students who are residents of the state of Oregon or Clark County, Washington.
Eligible applicants must be in good academic standing at their respective institution. Any "first term" students must include their High School GPA, graduation rank and evidence of college/university enrollment.
Students who are on the ONAC Board of Directors or who have immediate family members currently serving on ONAC's Board of Directors are ineligible.
Scholarship recipient must attend ONAC's Annual Gathering (Friday, October 4, 2013) to receive the scholarship award.
- Special Criteria:
- Required Scholarship Application Materials:
Complete application (on-line or downloaded form)
Sealed official college or high school (if incoming freshman) transcript
Sealed original letter of recommendation from a person other than a family member. A professional associated with your education, community involvement, extracurricular activities or employment is preferred. NOTE: Originals only, photocopies will not be accepted.
If incoming freshman, photocopy of proof of college/university enrollment
Photocopy of current driver's license
Photocopy of proof of Native American identification (must show tribal enrollment number)
Selection is based upon the application submission and student's demonstrated interest/involvement in Native American activities or affairs. Scholarships are awarded solely at the discretion of the scholarship committee.