College Dreams - Dream$avers (ID 1012)
- Start Date:
- Each Dreamer who is accepted for this project can save up to $2,000 in an authorized bank savings account, which will be matched on a 3:1 ratio up to $6,000.
We are a “pilot program” site for this exciting new Oregon program for low income students. Students who are invited to become Dream$avers will participate in financial education classes and develop a college funding plan. They will be required to save up to $2,000 for college (including a portion of their earned College Dreams awards), which will be matched on a 3:1 basis with up to $6,000 in earned scholarship funds.
College Dreams was recently awarded 50 "slots" in Oregon's new pilot Youth Development Initiative. These funds can be used for tuition, books, and fees at any approved college or post-secondary vocational institution. This project will provide up to $300,000 in earned college awards over the next two years for program participants. We can apply for more slots next year, and might possibly get a few more slots later this year.
- College Dreams
- P.O. Box 1407
- Grants Pass
- (541) 476-8146
- (541) 476-8410
- Financial Need:
- Participation requirements include:
(1) the approval of a completed application documenting family low income status and providing all required information;
(2) completion of a 12 session Money Management workshop that we will be offering once a week during lunch at each high school;
(3) development of a Savings Agreement and a Savings Budget Workplan; (4) Opening a special Dream$avers savings account at a local authorized bank and making consistent monthly deposits; and
(5) meeting regularly with our Dream$avers Coordinator Katie Eaton to complete required progress reports and resolve any issues.
- Special Criteria:
- We will be able to allow all Dreamers who complete Dream$avers requirements to utilize their College Dreams earned scholarship funds as match for the new Dream$aver awards, which will provide a significant boost in achieving the maximum award level of $6,000.
Continually open; if requirements are met, apply, and go from there.