Federal Direct Loans (FDL), 2019/20
Welcome to RCC’s student loan application process for the 2019/20 school year (’19 Summer through ’20 Spring).
READ the following pages carefully, then keep them for your reference.
2019-20 loan applications should be submitted no sooner than approximately one month prior to the first term of your loan period.
All federal Stafford student loans are through the U.S. Department of Education's (ED) Federal Direct Loan (FDL) program. This means that if you borrow money toward educational expenses, you will make repayment to a federal government servicer instead of a private lender. For FDL information, visit www.studentloans.gov.
Who is Eligible to Apply for a FDL?
Once you have been issued an 19/20 Award Letter or an Eligibility Notification from RCC, you may complete the FDL application process. At least half-time (6+ aid-eligible term credits), aid-eligible enrollment is required. Check your financial aid status at www.roguecc.edu/FinancialAid/status.asp. Per-term loan application deadlines are as follows:
|Loan Application Deadlines:|
|'19 Summer||Thurs., 08/22/19||'20 Winter||Fri., 03/13/20|
|'19 Fall||Fri., 12/02/19||'20 Spring||Fri., 06/05/20|
After reviewing this information, be prepared to enter the following data:
- Your Social Security Number (SSN)
- Your FSA ID (Federal Student Aid username and password) used to electronically sign your FAFSA. Use of another person's FSA ID constitutes fraud. Use only your own FSA ID information.
- Contact information (i.e. phone/mailing address) for 2-3 different, personal references (people who will know how to contact you in 10 years)
Recommended: Take the time to carefully read and research your need before you borrow. There are many helpful tools provided here. Use them to help you plan.
To proceed to the application process, select “Apply” at the end of these introductory pages. You’ll be asked to log into myRogue using your RCC ID and RCC password. If the system cannot confirm your eligibility to apply, follow the directions you are given to find out what you must do next. DO NOT CONTINUE to www.StudentLoans.gov as RCC will NOT be able to certify a loan for you until you become eligible. Otherwise, continue as follows:
- Loan Request/Revision Form. Print so that you can later complete and submit it by fax to 541-471-3585 (Redwood Campus) or 541-245-7648 (Riverside Campus), scan and e-mail it to email@example.com, or submit it in-person to Rogue Central Services. Select “Next” to continue to www.StudentLoans.gov and log in.
- Complete Loan Entrance Counseling.. (First-time-borrowers only; Freshman who never previously borrowed) – Allow up to an hour to carefully learn your borrower rights and responsibilities.
- Master Promissory Note (MPN). Select "Completed MPNs" under "My Loan Documents." All completed MPNs will be displayed. If your MPN for RCC is older than 10 years or the message "No records found" is displayed, click on "Complete MPN" . This will take you to a screen where you'll select the type of loan you would like to receive. Select "Subsidized/Unsubsidized MPN" (RCC does not participate in any PLUS loan programs).