Make the most of your college experience — prepare for success
- Develop your education and career plans
- Strengthen academic skills
- Learn how to pay for college
- Build your confidence
Begin your academic journey with Start Strong. In a cohort setting, learn to navigate college systems, explore careers, make informed decisions, and prepare for college success.
CG100 College Student Success and Survival - 2 Credits, Wednesdays
Focus on college success skills including academic advising; stress and time management; balancing school, work, and home obligations, how to navigate the college systems; and how to pay for your education.
CG140 Career Development - 3 Credits, Tuesdays and Thursdays
Provides tools to develop career and educational plans including self-assessment and learning styles, career exploration, guest speakers, informational interviews, and field trips.
CG147 Decision Making - 1 Credit, Wednesdays
Examine how you make decisions and practice other decision-making styles. By the end of the course, use these tools to select a major.
CG150 Exploring Careers in Science and Technology - 3 Credits, Tuesdays and Thursdays
Explore various career and technical occupations, visit career and technical programs, hear guest speakers, and explore a variety of careers including allied health, automotive, construction, electronics, engineering, and welding.
Start Strong Courses:
Register now for Start Strong
- Pay for just 6 credits and earn 9 credits that apply to your degree
- Courses are financial aid eligible
- In a cohort you take all four courses together
Call Discovery programs for prerequisites and registration details. Registration codes required.
- Riverside Campus, G Bldg. 117 S. Central Ave., Medford, 541-245-7538
- Redwood Campus, L Bldg. 3345 Redwood Hwy., Grants Pass, 541-956-7323