Select to begin your advising appointment packet
Academic advising is a key part of your success as an RCC student. Advising is a partnership meant to assist and guide you while you meet your academic and career goals.
- Schedule your appointment with your advisor well before registration begins
- Meet with your academic advisor on a regular basis
- Be prepared for your advising appointment
- Use Degree Audit to understand your degree progress and required courses
When should I see an academic advisor? If you are a new student to Rogue Community College, see an advisor during your first or second term.
Do I need an appointment? You will need to periodically return for academic advising, even once you are no longer a new student. To find out how long you have until you need to see an advisor, login to your myRogue account and click on ‘Program Planner’.
What can my academic advisor help me with?
- Choosing or changing a major
- Short and long-term academic planning
- Understand degree requirements
- Assistance with the transfer process
- Scheduling classes and the registration process
- Checking progress towards your degree
Can I see the same academic advisor every time? We recommend that you continue to meet with the same advisor to maximize the benefits of academic advising. You may request this person when you call to make your appointment.
What is the difference between an Advisor and a Counselor? Counselors assist students with academic, personal and career counseling. They will also be able to help with issues such as learning challenges or crisis intervention. Academic Advisors help students with academic planning, advising about the transfer process and understanding degree requirements.