Dental Assistant One-year certificate
Our limited entry one-year certificate prepares you for the pathway to become a certified Dental Assistant (CDAs), with expanded functions (EFDA). *
- Seven core dental assisting classes
- Four dental exam preparation classes
- Three professional skills classes
- Practicum and seminar includes 300 CWE hrs. in a dental office
- Apply to enter the program in the fall or spring term
- Financial aid eligible
Successful program completion meets the eligibility requirements for dental assisting students to take Oregon certification exams (Oregon Basic and EFDA) and 2/3 of the DANB pathway II National CDA certification exams. (Radiation Health & Safety and Infection Control). See www.danb.org or www.oregondentistry.org for specific information.
Why take a Dental Assistant training program?
Demand for dental assistants will rise 43 percent by 2012.* Dental assistants enjoy exciting, varied assignments, steady work schedules, respect and prestige. With the right credentials, you can:
- Work for a private dental practice.
- Work at a dental clinic, performing a variety of services.
- Work for a federal, state, or local government agency.
Whether you work for a clinic or dental practice, as a dental assistant, you'll have a career you can be proud of!
*Growth figures represent a ten-year period ending 2012. Source: “Matrix," a publication of the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Financial Aid Eligibility
Financial aid, federal loans and scholarships are available for this program. To apply for financial aid please go to www.roguecc.edu/FinancialAid/. This web site contains many helpful resources to answer many questions that you may have concerning a variety of aid packages.